Thanks to the generous support of the City of Calgary and the City of Edmonton, the Canadian Open Data Summit is very pleased to provide 8 travel grants. 6 grants will be given to students enrolled in an Alberta post-secondary institution and 2 to students from across the country. All grant recipients will participate in the following activities being held in Edmonton, Canada:
- June 12: Pre-Summit Workshop/Seminar
- June 13-14: Canadian Open Data Summit
- June 13: CODS17 Award Gala
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who is involved in building the Canadian open data community through their work, projects, company, research, or citizen initiative. By participating in these events, we wish to provide an opportunity for 8 Canadians to learn from their peers, contribute their experience, and give back to their local open data community.
What does the travel grant cover?
The financial support will cover travel, accommodation, event registration fees for all three events, and a basic per diem. All 8 travel grantees will be housed (as needed) at the MacEwan University.
Selected grantees need to arrive on Monday, June 12, and must commit to participate fully in the range of events taking place from June 12 to June 14.
The travel grant will cover accommodation costs for 3 nights:
- Check in Monday, June 12
- Check out Thursday, June 15
What is the selection criteria?
If you’re interested in applying, you will need to submit an application form (see below). Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Current engagement or motivation to participate in the open data community;
- Expected personal and professional benefits in attending the three listed events;
- Description of how attendance at these events can help grow the applicant’s local open data community.
Applications will be reviewed by the City of Edmonton & The City of Calgary.
What are the application process deadlines?
- Online application period: opens on May 17 and closes on May 26.
- Application announcement: May 30.