Thank you for joining us this week at CODS18, the fifth annual Canadian Open Data Summit.
As the time is upon us, we have some final details to share to registrants regarding location, directions, parking, registration services, and workshop learning aids.
Registration services will be open from 12 noon to 1 pm and 6 to 8 pm tomorrow (Wednesday), and from approximately 7:30 am Thursday. Pick up your badge and other items at the desk which will be set up in the foyer of the Fallsview Grand Hall (see directions below particularly 5 onward).
The meeting rooms venue is:
Fallsview Casino Resort, 6380 Fallsview Blvd., Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.
The hotel for Summit accommodations is:
Hilton Niagara Falls, 6361 Fallsview Blvd., Niagara Falls, ON
The Hilton Niagara Falls and the Fallsview Casino Resort are linked via a covered walkway. Signage will direct people walking to the escalators by the Fallsview Casino Resort meeting rooms area.
To Fallsview Casino Resort & Grand Hall:
A) From north Toronto, take the 401 to Highway 403 south which will connect to the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW).
B) From south Toronto, take the Gardiner Expressway to the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW).
- Follow the QEW towards Niagara Falls, to Highway 420.
- Turn right onto Stanley Avenue and follow to Murray Street.
- Turn left onto Murray Street and then right onto Fallsview Boulevard.
- Turn left into Fallsview Casino Resort Parking (Just before Applebee’s).
- From the Parking Garage, take the elevator to the Casino Level and follow the Galleria Hallway towards the Right (past the shopping) to the escalators leading to the Food Court Area and the Grand Hall.
- Take the escalators down one level, turn left from the escalators and follow into the Grand Hall.
For guests driving in, or just participating in one day of the program and not staying over – they would park with us here at Fallsview Casino. We offer both self-parking, and valet parking:
- Self-parking is currently priced at $5, per exit, payable upon exit.
- Valet parking (Monday through Thursday) is priced at $15/day.
- Valet parking (Friday) is priced at $20/day.
SPONSORS AND SPEAKERS SHOULD CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org if they require assistance with parking.
For guests staying at the Hilton, there are the following options:
- Offsite directly behind the hotel at the corner of Stanley Ave and Murray Hill (uncovered) – Self Parking is offered complimentary with unlimited in and out privileges
- Covered Garage – Self-Parking is offered at $10.00 per day with unlimited in and out privileges. This charge is applied to the individual accounts.
- Valet Parking is offered at $20.00 per day with unlimited in and out privileges. This charge is applied to the individual accounts.
Workshop Learning Aids
Attendees should bring a laptop/computer if at all possible, as these are largely hands-on workshops.